Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Playing with flowers

I have discovered a new fascination of flowers. I love how a gorgeous posie can brighten up my day (even if it is just a picture).

I recently did a five-week course with Bloom College in Melbourne to learn the basics about flower arranging. It was so much fun and the highlight of my week. Every Tuesday I would learn a few more new skills and come home with a new bunch of flowers to brighten up my living room.

Here are the final creations.

A posie of roses and herbs which smelt AMAZING and a pomander of lemon carnations.
Who would have thought carnations could look so sweet.

A wreath of chrysanthemums, freesias, native Australian flowers and pears. So fresh and spring-like.

I am hoping to learn a few more skills over the next few months helping out my gorgeous friend Kim of LushKa. She is incredibly talented and has done some of the most amazing flowers I have ever seen. Will keep you posted.

Check out my Blooms board on pinterest to see what inspires me.

LOVE xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment